Rockin' Chair Gospel

Rockin' Chair Gospel
Click on picture to go my page Heart Designs.

My Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

An Aroma Pleasing to God

 “Prepare it with oil on a griddle; bring it well-mixed and present the grain offering broken in pieces as an aroma pleasing (some translations say soothing) to the Lord.” Leviticus 6:21
  “But how can I provide a pleasing aroma to You, Lord? We don’t do sacrifices anymore.” I’m glad you asked, He seemed to say. Don’t worry so much about what the occasion of the offering. Look at the offering itself.

“How, Father?” I asked. “Compared to Jesus’ offering (His life) , what could I possibly give You? What could I give that would be a pleasing or soothing aroma to You?” And He brought to mind Ephesians 5:2: “Be imitators of God as beloved children and live in love, as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”

  Amazing. It seems that my fragrant offering is as simple-and as difficult-as that. It all boils down to love. It’s giving up my whole self, in love and sacrifice to God and others. Sacrificing my life as a living sacrifice! God finds pleasure in that. I am challenged by this. Sure, I love God. And yes, I love people, too. But not the way Jesus does! I withhold some of myself, I shy away! I save back something for myself. Sometimes I’m reluctant to give my all, or to give my best. My offerings are often blemished by self-protection, self-preservation and pride.
  And so I’m asking Him to help me offer Him a gift of love that, like Jesus, is a fragrant offering to Him. And, incredibly, I believe that even that intention of my heart is pleasing to Him.
   “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.” Psalm 51:17  These are things that are pleasing to Him, that come to Him as a sweet aroma in His nostrils, a broken spirit and a sorrowful heart! 
  In His love,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see....tell others.
If not....tell me.

Comments welcome but please be nice. *smile*