Rockin' Chair Gospel

Rockin' Chair Gospel
Click on picture to go my page Heart Designs.

My Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I Wanta' Look Like My Father (Poem)



I wanta' look like my Father
Who I love so much...
I want His tender eyes
And His gentle touch
I want His hands
So strong yet marred
I want to touch and heal
The hurting and the scarred
I want to see the pain
They try to hide
I want to hear the cry
They cry inside
I want His heart
So gentle and strong
Gentle as a lamb
Yet like a lion so bold
I wanta' follow Him
wherever He leads
Just like a shepherd leads his sheep
I wanta' be so much like Him
That when you look at me
He’s all you see
I want a love like His
So pure and strong
To love and forgive
Those who’ve done me wrong
Wherever I go I wanta be found
Hugging the hurting
Loving the humble AND the proud
I want Him to look at me, say with a smile
That’s My girl, that’s My child
She looks just like her Father
Can’t you see
She’s My daughter, a mini Me

In His love,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see....tell others.
If not....tell me.

Comments welcome but please be nice. *smile*