Rockin' Chair Gospel

Rockin' Chair Gospel
Click on picture to go my page Heart Designs.

My Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Nineveh Calling




 Ponder this.....Could we be living in a Nineveh Moment as a nation? Is the church like Jonah, reluctant to preach the truth?

 God called Jonah to go to Nineveh with a warning of impending judgment due to their wicked and perverse ways. But Jonah resisted. He did not want to leave his comfort zone to deliver an unpopular message. As He did with Jonah, God is calling the church today to bring a message of consecration, holiness and truth to a society that doesn't want to hear it. But the 'church' of today has become complacent, unwilling to step out of their comfort zone, "it may cause me to lose friends or cause confrontation and I'm a 'love' christian. I don't like to make waves or rock the boat." "Sides all that the people are evil, beyond hope. They call good evil and evil good and I know they will only hate me." "Why can't I sit here and just 'love' em, you know tell them everything's gonna be alright cause you're a God of love and grace so whatever they do is fine as long as they love?" JONAH... GO TO NINEVEH!

Jonah was reluctant to speak the Word of the Lord to a sinful and rebellious people of Nineveh..."Lord but I don't want to go to Nineveh, those people are evil and I know they won't accept me or what I say. Please can I just stay here in my comfort zone and you send someone else?" JONAH...GO TO NINEVEH!

 As He did with Jonah, God is calling the church today to bring a message of consecration, holiness and truth to a society that doesn't want to hear it. And because they don't want to hear it, you'll be met with disdain, cursing and even persecution. You'll lose (so called) friends and maybe even family. Are we willing to carry the message to Nineveh or will God have to put us in a dark place like He did Jonah before we obey the call of God?
Think about it darlin'.....

In His Love, 
Elizabeth

Postscript...
 Billy Graham once wrote an article in which he stated:
"My heart aches for America and its deceived people. The wonderful news is that our Lord is a God of mercy, and He responds to repentance. In Jonah's day, Nineveh was the lone world superpower—wealthy, unconcerned and self-centered. When the Prophet Jonah finally traveled to Nineveh and proclaimed God's warning, people heard and repented. I believe the same thing can happen once again, this time in our nation."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see....tell others.
If not....tell me.

Comments welcome but please be nice. *smile*