Rockin' Chair Gospel

Rockin' Chair Gospel
Click on picture to go my page Heart Designs.

My Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Cheap Grace


 The secularization of Christianity can lead us to become culturally Christian and forego discipleship in the name of grace. Some call it 'cheap grace'. Cheap grace is the enemy of the Church. Cheap grace means the justification of sin without the justification of the sinner, grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ.  Do whatever you want, we're living under grace now. 


 Cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance. Essentially, it is a cheap covering for sins where no remorse is required and grace replaces the sacrificial obedience that Jesus demonstrated and called us into on the cross. Jesus is not your 'sugar daddy'. He will not hold you on His lap, spoil you and give you everything you want. He is your Father and like any good father, He will not allow you to do whatever you want or eat all the candy you desire. He disciplines those He loves. I remember when my children were small and I would tell them, "stay in the yard now, don't you be running out into that street". If they continued disobeying me and going into the street, they would get a spanking. Why? Because I wanted to be mean? Because I enjoyed inflicting pain on them? Because I didn't love them? NO! OF COURSE NOT! It was because I did love them and I knew if they kept running into the street one day they may get hurt or killed. They had to also learn that there were consequences for their actions. Jesus warn us about the consequences of sin! Of course He loved us when we were yet sinners BUT He never left us in our sin, He called us out of our sin. He showed mercy and grace to the woman that was fixing to be stoned but He also told her to go and sin no more. He didn't condemn but He didn't accept either. His message was like mine to my children. I love you but don't you do that anymore! 

 We are to embrace and love the sinner but be heart sick over the sin. And that my brothers and sisters should be our message. God loves you just the way you are but He loves you enough not to leave you that way. There is a consequence for sin! The Bible says that the soul that sins will die BUT there's also forgiveness for that sin but it takes you turning away from that old life and embracing the new life that only He can give you. So I say again...yes He's a God of love, mercy and grace but He's also a Father who chastises those He loves. 

In His love,
Elizabeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see....tell others.
If not....tell me.

Comments welcome but please be nice. *smile*