Rockin' Chair Gospel

Rockin' Chair Gospel
Click on picture to go my page Heart Designs.

My Pages

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Are You Tempting God




Are you tempting God?
 Matthew 4:5-7 "Then the devil taketh Him up into the holy city, and setteth Him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto Him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give His angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." 


 Satan tempted Jesus with the word of God so I'm now asking you, are you temping God?


 Listen to me, if I cause a crisis, God is not obligated to getting me out of it.
Preachers will tell you..."give me your ten percent, I know your bills are behind, I know your kids don’t have adequate clothing, I know you’re in financial need, I know the wolf is at your back door. If you really want God to give you a breakthrough, if you want God to shoo that wolf off, you’ll give me this money so I can go and bless someone else”.

 First of all, that’s ridiculous, as asine as it gets! They're asking you to create a crisis, they're asking you to put yourself in an emergency situation. They're asking you to take the bad situation you’re already in and make it worse deliberately. “Not to worry God will come to your rescue. He'll take what little (10%) money you give me and give it back to you 10 fold or hundredfold. Give your money to me and He'll pay all those bills for you and your kids will have all they need”.


 But I’m telling you Jesus told you God will not come to your rescue if you do something deliberately that that. Let’s say you step out in front of a speeding 18 wheeler, God hasn’t promised to protect you. If you step in front of a speeding 18 wheeler, short of a miracle, you’re gonna die or be badly injured. Or say, I go to the top of the tallest building I can find and I throw myself off of the roof deliberately, God hasn’t promised to catch me. I’m telling you if you throw yourself off a roof, so to speak, in financial calamity, you’re gonna hit the sidewalk. God is not obligated to save you when you do something foolish. I’m saying that as a general rule... God can, He’s almighty God, He can have mercy on you and some of you He has had mercy. But you have no guarantee that God will continue to have mercy on you when you deliberately go against His word and value the word of a ‘tithe preacher’ over the word of Jesus Christ who says I will never leave or forsake you, who tells you not to worry for the morrow, or what you will eat or even wear. 

 “No one can serve two masters: Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air: They do not sow or reap or gather into barns and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? "And why do you worry about clothes? Consider how the lilies of the field grow: They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his glory was adorned like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"

Who are you gonna believe? The tithe preacher or Jesus Christ? Where does your faith lie? In the preacher or in Jesus?


 In His love, 

Elizabeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see....tell others.
If not....tell me.

Comments welcome but please be nice. *smile*